Miyabi 5000 FCD 7” Santoku Knife - 34684-181
SKU: 119027 |
Please note that when ordering from Newfoundland, items shipped from Nova Scotia may take an extra 7-10 business days to arrive.
- Additional Info
- Manufacturer Number: 34684-181
- This Japanese santoku has a hard fine carbide steel core for very good cutting edge retention and sharpness. Santoku translates as "Three Virtues", these being meat, fish and vegetables.
- The flat cutting edge lends itself to a chopping motion rather than the rocking cutting movement of European chef's knives.
- The blade core is surrounded by 48 outer layers of steel which make up the unique Damascus-design pattern on the blade.
- The cutting edge is Honbazuke-honed and symmetrical (not single bevel), so can be used by those both right and left-handed.
- There is no finger guard so the whole length of the cutting edge can be used.
- The handle and half-bolster join seamlessly for comfortable use.
- The smooth surface helps to prevent the formation of calluses on the thumb and forefinger.
- Hand wash only for best care, and maintain and sharpen using a whetstone.
- We’d recommend using a wooden chopping board rather than glass, ceramic or stone boards as these will dull the cutting edge.
- FRIODUR ice-hardened for extreme hardness
- Rockwell hardness of approximately 61
- Pakka wood handle accented by a steel mosaic pin and handle end cap
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
No additional specifications found for this product.
No additional information found for this product.