What makes Big Erics a great place to work?
Our Employees and our Customers!
As a company, we are constantly taking on new challenges and 2020 has certainly thrown its challenges at businesses’ both within the Atlantic region and the world over. Big Erics is proud to be a leading distributor of supplies, equipment and industrial chemicals for the food service, janitorial, sanitation, confectionary, and manufacturing sectors in Atlantic Canada, celebrating 75 years in business in the fall of 2020!
Our leadership team has been focused on attracting and retaining the best talent in the region. With our continuous evolution, we are looking for new members to join our team.
We are focused on creating a culture that fosters continuous learning and striving to do better every day. We do this by remembering our Corporate Mission, Vision and Values.
To be North America's most respected source for priceless expertise and quality food service and cleaning products.
Deliver the right solution every time.
To Our Employees
We will continually invest in and support our people, suppliers and processes so we can deliver trusted expertise, quality products and innovative end to end solutions for our customers.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package through Medavie Blue Cross which includes:
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Life & Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Matched contribution (4%) to pension after one year.
- Employee Discount
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
Plus there are many other ‘perks’ to be taken advantage of in connection with our memberships with the Halifax Chamber of Commerce, St. John's Board of Trade and Medavie Blue Cross Care to name a few.
Current Career Opportunities:
Location: BIG ERICS Dartmouth, NS
Through exceptional customer service the Sales Associate guides the customer in their sales experience by providing detailed product and pricing information in a professional, attentive and courteous manner for 100% satisfaction.
We are looking for a part-time employee who has availability of 24 to 30 hrs per week. The Dartmouth Storeroom is currently opened Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. Hours may expand to include Saturdays.
About Big Erics
With commercial/retail locations in Halifax and St. John's, Big Erics is Atlantic Canada's leading distributor of supplies, equipment and industrial chemicals for the food service, janitorial, sanitation, confectionary and manufacturing sectors. Our experienced team is committed to providing quality products, value-added services and the latest innovations to support our customers' success.
Some key elements of the role, include:
- Provide walk in or call-in customers with detailed product, pricing information, and may include demonstration of product
- Assist with special customer orders
- Merchandise products in showroom as per planogram
- Maintain Showroom to Big Erics expectations (displays, stocking, dusting, price tags)
- Finding codes and prices for products
- Assist Manager with inventory rotation
- Daily Cycle Counting
- Participate in year-end inventory process
- Check status of existing Purchase Order
- Monitor open orders to ensure customer expectations are met
Ideal candidate needs:
- Ability to interact and communicate with all customers to ensure the highest standard of customer service is met
- Maintain composure while dealing with multiple and possibly conflicting items
- Initiative to see what needs to be done and act on the tasks
- Previous sales experience at an intermediate level
- Product knowledge of our representative manufacturers would be an asset
- Experience managing the expectations that arise during a customer/sales relationship
- General computer acumen (email, word, excel)
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
Receive applications via email: email@example.com